Friday, February 16, 2007

Weekend News Digest

Cisco says Apple can have a little more time to respond to the lawsuit about the iPhone trademark. That makes sense to me. Just because getting a big one up the butt is a sure thing is no reason to be in hurry.

I only smoked a little bit of crack

Fred Amoroso, CEO of Macrovision wants Apple to just give Macrovision FairPlay. Just give it to them. Good thinking, skeezix. Apple should also give Macrovision iTunes, OS X,, and a bright shiny quarter. Then Steve Jobs should drop his drawers in the center of town at noon.

You can go read what he said if you want to waste precious irreplaceable moments of your finite existence looking for it. If you're the kind of person who is intrigued by Bat Boy articles in the Weekly World News, this will be right up your alley.

If you want to read it properly translated into English, I recommend Daring Fireball. Mr Gruber, as always, has parsed the true meaning out of the drivel.

Backdated Stock Options

Odd. The sight of that phrase doesn't make me hyperventilate. Hmmm. Well, I guess I just don't get it.

Q: Do you think it is reasonable to kill a living animal just so you can eat it?
A: I can't think of another reason to kill them.