Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Another Observation

Most of my music is ripped from CDs.

Some of my music is from iTunes.

All of my music is legally purchased in one form or the other.

DRM has had virtually no impact on my utterly mundane existence. My diet still contains approximately the national average of carbs, lard, salt, and junk. A tell-all about my life wouldn't sell a magazine, much less a subscription. I'm still somewhat less overweight than I was this time last year. My shoes still fit - both pair. Everything is about the same as it would be if all music was free and legal.

The only significant impact on my life from DRM is that the internet seems to clog up from time to time with people bitching about DRM.

If Apple and all the record companies drop DRM tomorrow I'll probably have two eggs, some sausage, and a cup of coffee before I go to work. Just to celebrate. Who knows, I might even have the side salad and a diet pop with my tuna melt for lunch. What the hell? It's a holiday.

This whole thing has got me on edge. I probably won't sleep a wink for another twenty minutes or so.

Whoo-Hooo.