Wednesday, December 27, 2006

The Stock Market is Weird

Weird.

I spent the whole day reading news about Apple. Well, not really the whole day. I did some other stuff, too. After all, I have to have a day job. Anyway, at the end of the day, there are three things you need to know that you might not have known at this time yesterday.

1. The Federal Government is investigating Apple about the stock options thing.

2. Steve Jobs hired a lawyer.

3. Apple closed up $0.01

Really. There are dozens, if not hundreds, of web pages blathering over meaningless details related to three basic facts. After disposing of all the chatter:

1. No shit.

2. Uh huh.

3. So what?

The internet sure has generated a pile of useless verbiage. If this blog isn't a case in point, I'll eat my mousepad. Be that neither here nor there, to abuse a cliché. Apple stock is going to continue up because that's what Steve does.

I'm willing to bet Rich Karlgaard (whose column in Forbes, 1/8/07 says "sell Apple") a fifth of single malt scotch and a box of cigars that Apple breaks $120 in 2007. ($60 after the split, that is.) Better than that, I'm not selling my stock, which – if I'm wrong – will cost me a hell of a lot more than a jug of hooch and a box of stogies.

Note (just in case Mr. Karlgaard gets ahold of this and wants to bet): Laphroiag. Henry Clay Brevas a la Conservas.