Sunday, March 09, 2008

I am NOT a Snob

Just finished reading a few sites around the web. The Street has published a video, followed up by another video on Macworld exploring the same topic: Mac users are snobs.

This is based on some goofball study that says Mac users are more likely to:

Buy toilet paper
Use bath soap
Use laundry detergent
Buy food requiring preparation at home
Buy new clothes
Not shoplift at Wally World
Not pick their noses at lunch with the company CEO
Fart quietly and hope the little old lady in the next pew thinks it's her husband, instead of rattling the rafters and shouting WOOHOO!
Spell words like "necessary," and, "broccoli," correctly
On this basis, they've decided that we're a bunch of elitists. I don't think that's at all true. Some of my best friends are non-Mac users. I have two brothers-in-law who use Windows. I let them come in the front door in the middle of the day. They bring their kids.

Snob, indeed. Just to prove I'm no snob I gave two cooks the evening off and dished up my own tomato aspic.

Croquet anyone?