Thursday, August 16, 2007

The End Of The World (as we know it)

Apple's stock price went down today.

I'm so depressed. I'm on my third 25 oz. bottle of Perrier. So excuse me if I'm a bit incoherent. Dammit.

I've been all over the web trying to find out why. WHY?

In other news, Steve Jobs just bought a bunch of Apple shares at the same price I paid for mine – a little over $5 a share. I'd say that was a pretty good deal. I bought in when they named His Steveness CEO. Me and Steve are doing okay on this thing. You go, Steve.

Steve gets computers. He invented the "for the rest of us" thing. Steve J. and Steve W. conceived the Personal Computer for Joe Doughnutshopowner. The rest of the world thought the Steves were completely full of shit in 1976.

It's interesting to read Fake Steve Jobs telling people to "siooma" (suck it out of my ass). RSJ has had to be "with that" from day one. People have been telling him he was stupid and arrogant the whole time. It still hasn't stopped.

So, in light of the fact that Steve has bought some shares, I think it's a good time for all of us to jump on the fact that a bunch of fund managers have shown themselves once again to be short-sighted and ignorant. Buy a few. I am. You'll be glad you did.

A casual search of the web shows two hits for "Vista is the greatest operating system ever." One from Microsoft, the other a satire.

The cat just went upstairs. Yes. The rest of the shrimp is mine.