Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Today's News

D: All Things Digital (excerpts)

Steve Jobs: (chuckles)

Walt Mossberg: Ha ha.

SJ: Microsoft is a steaming moist turd on the angel food cake of life.

WM: Ahem.

SJ: Apple TV, the iPhone, OS X, iPods, the iTunes Store, and the Macintosh are taking over the world.The rest of the digital universe will bankrupt itself in futile efforts to stand unembarassed in our shadow. Rabbits! Oh, how they fear me.

Microsoft is the mind-killer.
Microsoft is the little-death that brings technological obliteration.
I will face Microsoft.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where Microsoft has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

FEAR ME YOU HEEDLESS BASTARDS!

Note: Not exact quotes.

At some point Mr. Jobs – at Mr. Mossberg's behest – demonstrated the ability of state-of-the-art digital electronics to display low-resolution, amateurish video.

Great show so far.

Later: Gates vs. Jobs

I'm out of Kleenex® again.