Thursday, March 15, 2007

The News is on the Street

BusinessWeek is reporting that "Vista is slow and dangerous." That isn't the same as saying "Vista sucks." For one thing, "Vista is slow and dangerous." is a compound sentence. "Vista sucks" is a simple sentence. Also, there are a lot more syllables in the former than the latter.

Additionally, BusinessWeek is a respectable financial magazine. They can't say, "Vista sucks." They have to be somewhat more circumspect. Especially if they ever want to get another advertising dollar from Redmond.

As an Apple stockholder, let me be among the first to say, "Thank you, Microsoft for releasing Vista."

WOW stands for "What? Oh. Windows."

Other News

The new Airport Extreme ad showed up in the email. I haven't looked to see if there's an 802.11n card for my G5 available. I'll get around to it. I'd like to replace my old AirPort base station with something I can set my Hot Wheels collection on.

A lot of smart people are saying it might be a good time to buy stock in Apple. If I had any cash laying around I'd jump. I don't. But buying a few shares right now would be a really smart thing to do, I think. When Apple announces "How's business" in a few weeks their stock will go higher than the average global temperature in Al Gore's wet dreams.

Other smart people are saying that the iPhone isn't overpriced. Duh. The problem is, Apple is only making ten million of them. They might run out of them before I can get one. I'm not rich, but I know what I want a phone to do. It's just exactly the iPhone's feature set. I don't think I'm that far out of the mainstream. I can prove I'm mainstream. Watch.

1. I don't give a shit about Britney Spears.

2. I like extra cheese on my pizza.

3. I think country and western music is just fine if it's the only station the radio brings in and you can't reach the knob to turn the fucker off.

See?