Been reading around the innertubes. I'm desperately frightened. Apple is in terrible trouble.
Hackers have written Trojan horses targeting Leopard. I'm serious. If you go to a porn site, download a video, then download a special program from the porn site to run it, then enter your administrator password to give that porn site's program access to the root level of your system, you could get infected.
You might not know about the Robert Scoble OS X virus. I've imbedded it in this blog.
Your computer is now infected with the Robert Scoble virus. Please reformat your hard drive and forward this to ten friends.The FUD machine is alive and well.
Here are a few things I've read lately about Apple's precipitous position:
- The iPhone may cause rabies in unvaccinated lab rats.
- The Macintosh is now popular enough that smart-ass punks who couldn't hack it before are trying again.
- The iPod touch is a Nazi war criminal.
- Leopard causes cancer.
- iWork may not outsell Microsoft Office, in spite of being almost 20 years younger.
- You must own an iPod if you download iTunes.
- You must download iTunes if you own an iPod.
- You are not allowed to play anything on the iPod that wasn't purchased on iTunes.
- The Zune has an FM tuner and is, therefore, a far superior technology to the iPod.
- Macintosh is not invulnerable to hacking. This one really scared me. There are like 150-200 variants of the Trojan horse thingy. Just thinking about it made me almost wet my pants.
- Okay, maybe it was that third glass of IPA.
- Drew Peterson may own an iPod Classic.
- The proper garnish for a martini is a pimiento-stuffed green olive.
While all of that may be true, I'd just like to note for the record that I'm using a Mac Pro running Leopard whilst most of the FUD-spreaders are using XP. Neener. Neener. Neener.