Friday, February 22, 2008

It's a fine evening

Just went out and saw the local high school production of Seussical the Musical. It was awesome.

Awesome.

Support your local amateur theater.
...

Anyway, back to work. Reader Paul sent me a link this morning to a C|Net post that said SP1 might be held up because it was breaking things, causing problems, and generally behaving like a piece of crap. Well, that link now brings back a 404. Sooooooo.....

I did a little research. I hate it when I have to screw up the next month's research budget, but one does what one must. It turns out that there has been a slight improvement in the recovery plan. The service pack still breaks things, causes problems, and generally behaves like a piece of crap, but it won't be delayed. Microsoft sent out a "not comprehensive" list of applications that SP1 will break.

Interestingly, several commentards at the post are of the opinion that it's a C|Net hit piece on Vista. That's the price you pay if you want to stick your flag pole in the high ground of journalistic integrity, objectivity, and responsible reporting. This is why I carefully avoid any association with that kind of thing. Nope. Nosirree. Just irresponsibility, profanity, and half-assed opinions here. That doesn't mean my opinions are infallible, just that, well, I get to decide as long as we're in the confines of the blog.

In any case...

The next time you hear or read someone saying Apple is the new Microsoft, pee on his shoes. And his pants leg. Tell him I said it was okay. You'll still probably have to talk to a policeman, but you'll be smiling the whole time.

Time for my pills.