Thursday, October 25, 2007

Leopard is coming. Ooooooh.

I got my notification this morning. It has shipped. It should actually BE here tomorrow.

As a public service, I'll post the time as soon as I have the box. Then I'll post the time again after it's installed and I'm diddling around with it. I figure the whole process should take less time than it takes to get the stupid dialog box for an Office update to close and stay closed (~45 minutes, last time unless you add the time it took for the program to remind to install the same update an hour later, and again the next day).

Then, of course, whether you like it or not, I'll give it a brief, cursory, fanboyish review. While it installs and reboots, I'll install my new HD receiver down in the living room. I'm guessing both activities will occupy about 30 minutes. Then I'll write a few glowing phrases about how frigging cool Leopard is.

We're down to the last two weeks of Peter Pan rehearsals. I will be ecstatic when this one is over. I think this play may be the one that completely satisfies my lifelong quota for musical theater. There are at least three members of the production staff that I would happily kick in the ass so hard I'd have to pull them out of the rafters to get my shoe back. Also, there are far too many children in the cast. They've mostly been raised according to Spock instead of Dobson. You can tell right away. The snotty-nosed, screeching, ill-mannered, bad tempered little bastards should be locked up and fed brussels sprouts and navy beans until they learn to shut the hell up for thirty seconds at a stretch. Out of a cast of about forty kids, there are maybe three that have more than a vague concept of a spanking. They're tolerable. One of them is even fairly bright and pleasant.

Every once in a while I have to physically leave the room to quell the urge to say, "Shut up, you spoiled, stupid, sitcom-addicted little CRETINS!"

Other than that, it's been a pretty good day.

It's bedtime. Let the cat out, would ya?