Thursday, June 21, 2007

I'm all better now.

Okay, all seriousness aside folks.

I just upgraded my rusty, crusty, trusty old G5. It now has 8 Gigabytes of RAM. It now sports a new AirPort Extreme and a 23" HD Cinema Display.

I'm a little kid with a new toy.

Zune Update

Zune.net reports: No news (translation: Zune still sucks.) Apparently Microsoft has made one that's red. It's a limited edition, which means they're going to build six. If they sell five of them, they'll break even. That should help the old bottom line.

iPhone Update

Apple has made significant upgrades to the iPhone, and has offered a number of cool options in the last few days.

The touch screen will now be made of glass instead of plastic. For an extra $100 you can get it with tinted glass, fuzzy dice, and a sticker that says, "Get in. Sit Down. Hang on. Shut up."

The battery will now last infinitely in daylight with the optional 24"x 50"photovoltaic array.

The optional built in video camera and wristband will be a real treat for Dick Tracy fans.

On the back, the optional magnetic drawing board will provide hours of fun for the kiddies with the attached magnet pen.

For 2008, Apple is expected to develop a light saber attachment that will allow the iPhone to destroy Siths and Sith Lords. Microsoft's cheesy-ass knock-off, which will reliably crash the Zune and WinCE, will be out in beta some time in 2010. It will be available in pink.

Mac News

I'm here to tell you that if you have 8 Gigs of RAM and a 23" HD Cinema Display it's hard to be anything but chill. This is cool.

Happy dance.

Note

I have been accused of seriousness in a recent post. That hurts. I don't even get accused of that at work, and I am serious at work. Well... I'm supposed to be serious at work. Once in a while anyway.