Friday, November 30, 2007

First, to clean up a bit...

Google "Oliver Rist Pissing" if you're interested in a turdburger. I read it. You don't have to. It's crap.

Anybody here having any trouble with Leopard? I'm not. It's been running just about constantly since the day after it was released. There is one minor boo-boo. For some reason, I can't play my remote speakers via the AirPort Express at the same time as the computer speakers. It doesn't come up that often, but I used to be able to do that.

I wouldn't call that riddled with bugs. I've been running my computer constantly except for installing 10.5.1. I mean 24/7. All day long. From the Friday night it shipped until this precise moment. It just works.

I haven't had any problems with Vista either. Not one single glitch. Largely that's due to the fact that as close as I've been to Vista is walking past it on my way through the software aisle at Best Buy.

There will be those who say that Rip Ragged is a jackass for dissing a piece of software he has never tried. I have never even seen Vista operating on a computer, but yet I have the unmitigated gall to say, "Vista sucks." I've never tried malaria either. Malaria sucks. Malaria is an infectious disease that overloads your system and renders it inoperable. So what's the difference between that and Vista? Oh. Yeah. With Vista the infection is voluntary. So, okay. I'm a jackass.

Remember when I told you about using the scroll button when you roll over iTunes? In QuickTime, it moves the time slider.

That's it. One jackass (maybe two), one bug, one big "Vista Sucks," and one undocumented feature. If you're not 100% satisfied with the content of tonight's Rip Ragged, your money will be cheerfully refunded.

Don't forget to tip the Hat Check Girl on the way out.