Saturday, March 31, 2007

News and Information

Yeah, right. I don't do news or information. I just babble. I read one article of substance. Really. It's on a website for Security Executives. Wow, did I feel out of place. I farted while I was there, just to let them know I meant business. What the article basically says is:

Microsoft dropped the soap.

Yeah. Come on. They introduced a new operating system after five years of development. Five frigging years to develop an operating system. Geeks should be sprouting some major wood over this thing. An operating system that takes five years to develop should be Star Trek, Dungeons and Dragons, and a 15-page nude photo gallery of Carrie Fisher (c. 1977) all rolled up into one blissful moment. Have you heard anybody say, "Hey! I just installed Vista and it is just the coolest thing in the world!" I'll bet. Everything I've read about Vista has been, at best, ho-hum. At worst, it loses when compared to other modern operating systems.

What is Vista compared to wherever it's discussed? OS X. Vista usually gets the shit kicked out of it in comparisons. Reviewers on the Microsoft payroll give it ho-hum or don't even mention it. Vista didn't kick ass. When you develop an operating system for FIVE FRIGGING YEARS and it doesn't kick ass, it sucks.

Have you seen any Zunes in the wild? Me either.

Have you seen that calm smile on Steve Jobs' face lately? Microsoft has to try to pick up the soap eventually.